Short Bio: Jay Artale is a project manager who swapped corporate life for a nomadic existence as a travel writer and indie author. She now writes travel guides, and non-fiction books about travel writing.
Medium Bio: Jay Artale is a project manager who swapped corporate life for a nomadic existence as a travel writer. She works with authors and entrepreneurs to help them achieve their self-publishing goals. Jay has published a series of travel guides, a travel memoir, and nonfiction books about travel writing.
Long Bio: Jay Artale is a project manager who swapped corporate life for a nomadic existence as a travel writer. She works with authors and entrepreneurs to help them achieve their self-publishing goals and reach their target audience through content marketing. Jay has published a series of travel guides, a travel memoir, and nonfiction books about travel writing. She housesits around the globe with her husband, a Hollywood set painter, and she’s never more that 10 paces away from a wi-fi connection.
- How to write a travel guide
- How to go from Blogger to Indie Author
- 5 Steps to becoming a Self-Published Travel Writer
- Content Marketing for Indie Authors
- Swapping a Corporate Corner Office for a life as a Digital Nomad
Here’s a list of suggested interview questions:
- How can a blogger transition to being an author?
- How can travel bloggers plan, write, produce, and promote a Travel Guide?
- What are the essential tools for beginning self-publishers?
- Why should non-fiction authors establish themselves in their content niche?
- Why is defining your target audience so important?
- How can bloggers start their indie author journey?
- Why should bloggers and travel writers guest blog?
- What tools and techniques can travel writers use to connect with their audience?
- How can travel bloggers use their writing skills to create passive income?
Click to view my online interviews:
- Sunday Success Stories – How I Do It: My Indie Author Adventure by Jay Artale
- Blog Expat: Interview with Expat Author Jay Artale
- Smashwords Interview with Jay Artale
Daily Sabah – National Turkish Newspaper
Expat Corner Section: Expat-penned Travel Guides on Turkey: April 14th, 2016
Expat Corner Section: The definitive list of expat-interest blogs on Turkey: October 27th, 2017
My Beginners’ Self-Publishing Salon Broadcast on YouTube
I co-host a monthly self-publishing broadcast and podcast with fellow indie author Michael La Ronn. Our show is part of the Alliance of Independent Authors’ AskALLi Self-Publishing Advice Broadcast.
My Beginners’ Self-Publishing Salon Podcast
Our podcast is available on Soundcloud and is currently syndicated to iTunes and Stitcher.
My Indie Author Fringe Appearances on YouTube
This playlist is the collection of my Indie Author Fringe sessions that were part of one of our 3X a year free self-publishing conferences for indie authors:
Here are the individual sessions on the Self-Publishing Advice Center website:
BookExpo 2017 Indie Author Fringe
London Book Fair 2017 Indie Author Fringe
Frankfurt Book Fair 2016 Indie Author Fringe
Bibliocrunch Twitter Chat series #Indiechat
Jay Artale is a regular contributor on the Self-Publishing Advice Center (click here to see all of my guest posts that were written as part of my Communications Manager role)
- Self-Publishing Advice Center: Choosing the Best Self-Publishing Service: Behind the ALLi Watchdog Desk
- Self-Publishing Advice Center: Self-Publishing Member Q&A Broadcast Summary with Orna Ross & Joseph Alexander
- Self-Publishing Advice Center: Beginners guide to Indie Author Jargon: Book Marketing Glossary
- Self-Publishing Advice Center: A Good Book Is A Team Effort: Getting help with your Self-Publishing Journey
- Self-Publishing Advice Center: Do you need writing project inspiration for NaNoWriMo?
- Self-Publishing Advice Center: 48 Best Writing and Self-Publishing Tools for Authors FBF 2016
- Self-Publishing Advice Center: Back to Basics: Priorities for new Authors LBF 2016
- Self-Publishing Advice Center: What’s the Best Print on Demand Service for Self-Published Books?
- Self-Publishing Advice Center: A-Z of Effective Social Media Prompts for Authors
- IndieReCon 2015 Online Conference: Pinterest for Authors: IndieReCon 2015
- Travel Signposts: Discovering Bodrum
- Her Packing List: The Ultimate Female Travel Packing List to Bodrum Peninsula, Turkey
- YTravel: What to do in Bodrum: An insider’s guide
- The Holiday & Travel Magazine: Adventures Await you in Bodrum
- Bibliocrunch: How to Leverage Keywords on Pinterest as an Author
- The Book Designer Carnival of Indies #56: Pinterest for Authors
- ActionSpace: Increase team collaboration by keeping it simple
- ActionSpace: From First Impressions to Employee Engagement
- ActionSpace: How to reduce the number of meetings
- ActionSpace: How to Streamline your Training & Development Plans with Teamwork Tools
- ActionSpace: Why you should transition from Annual Performance Reviews to Frequent Coaching
- ActionSpace: Managing Flexibile working hours to retain talent
- ActionSpace: 4 Executive Time Management Tips
- ActionSpace: Are you fed up of hearing “They have missed a milestone again”?
- ActionSpace: Using a Project Management Approach to Communication
- ActionSpace: Do you delegate like a leader?
- ActionSpace: How to Build an Effective Team
- ActionSpace: Setting Project Milestones Leads to Success pt. 1
- Bodrum Bulletin: Would a HouseSitter work for you? Part 1
- Bodrum Bulletin: Would a HouseSitter work for you? Part 2
- Bodrum Peninsula Travel Guide: Turkey’s Aegean Delight
- Gumusluk Travel Guide: Bodrum’s Silver Lining
- Turkey Tales: A Bodrum Travel Memoir in Verse I
- Freewriting for Travel Writers